GrammarBlog

Sunday 19 August 2007

Grammar Abuse in Signage - Part 5

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

Sandwiche's, originally uploaded by iandavid.

Why, oh why, oh why would you think that "Sandwiches" would ever need to have an apostrophe between the 'e' and 's'.

Sandwiche's
Pass the molotov cocktail, De Luca's is about to have an accident.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Tom said...

Whilst in Turkey last week I saw (amongst many other grammatical/lingustic atrocities) a shop selling "jean's".

However, I've been thinking about this, and my concern is as follows: should I apply my stringent grammatical standards to situations where English isn't the writer's first language, and if not, am I being patronising and by extension racist?

I may write a more substantial post addressing this issue.

19 August 2007 at 23:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That kind of suggests a whole new way to pronouce it. "Sandwiche's."

23 August 2007 at 05:31  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged