GrammarBlog

Thursday 2 August 2007

Bad grammar = no girlfriend

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

This is just priceless. While acquainting myself with StumbleUpon, one of many social sharing sites floating about the t'interweb super-autobahn, I found (or stumbled upon) this image (click the image for a better view).


It appears StumbleUpon user, Mellybee (19) was less than impressed by this unfortunate chap's profile on a dating site. Her brilliant reaction, instead of just not going out with him, was to take a red pen to his efforts and share her contempt with everyone on the internet. Good girl!


Through my tears of laughter (the drawings are the pièce de résistance), I couldn't help but notice, as I'm sure you have too, that Mellybee made a few glaring omissions and even a spelling mistake of her own. Logically the only thing for me to do was to correct her corrections. You can see the results here.


I am well aware that even with my input the list of errors is far from exhaustive but it's a step, at least, in the right direction.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Gez said...

I forgot to write about my favourite aspect of this bloke's profile. In the list of six things he can't do without, at number six are his hands.

12 August 2007 at 20:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick, ladies! Snap him up!

This is so tragic. I love the expressions on the faces of the aleon and bee; I don't think they're comfortable being associated with this Romeo.

30 October 2007 at 11:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged