GrammarBlog

Thursday 2 August 2007

The blogger spelling test

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

It was with great trepidation that I clicked the submit button at the end of the blogger spelling test. I had made the decision that whatever my score, I was going to share it with you, dear readers.


It is quite a good, if rather elementary test, focusing on the most common errors; some of which I have been guilty of in the past (definately). Having said that I never understand why people get "loose" and "lose" mixed up. Without wanting to damage transatlantic relations, this seems to be an error more common among our friends from the US.

To my relief I was presented with the badge below - read 'em and weep.



Let me know how you all get on - be honest!

Thanks to Dave K for sending me the link, the techies amongst you might want to check out his blog, the excellently URLed www.webdeveloper2.com

Labels:

7 Comments:
Blogger Dan said...

100% here too, but only because I knew it was American English.

"I suspect they're headed south for the winter" is something I just wouldn't say or write (and not just as I don't know anyone who would go darn sarf for a holiday).

2 August 2007 at 15:39  
Blogger Dan said...

Also, where is Tom? Has he split and set up a rival spelling and grammar blog?

2 August 2007 at 15:39  
Blogger Gez said...

I've ust noticed something annoying on my badge of honour.

"I scored a 100%".

I scored a one hundred percent? That 'a' is surely redundant.

It's even worse if you get eighty percent:

A eighty percent. Urgh.

2 August 2007 at 15:47  
Blogger Paul said...

100% here, too.

I will admit that I bricked it when I clicked on the submit button.

Surely it would be "I suspect they're heading south for the winter" since "headed" is not a verb, to the best of my knowledge. Tsk!

2 August 2007 at 16:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I achieved 100%! New reader - love that this exists!

2 August 2007 at 19:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100!

3 August 2007 at 00:46  
Blogger Tom said...

100%, of course.

Sorry Dan - I have been reading, but work has been so despicable lately I haven't had the inclination to put more content on the interbahn than is absolutely necessary.

4 August 2007 at 11:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged