GrammarBlog

Friday 25 April 2008

London, bloody London

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />
London is many things to me: it's a place I can visit to have my identity as a northerner emphatically reaffirmed; it's a place I associate with Wembley heartbreak; and now, it's my number one grammar tourism hotspot.

During my visit of one week ago, I clapped my ever-bleary eyes on this little beauty:



Extremely pleased with what I had found whilst looking upwards, as I continued along the pavement the very next window of the same shop led me to an orgasm that only a misplaced apostrophe can induce:


How I howled with joy. Two separate cases of apostrophe abuse within two metres of each other. A veritable crime wave. Amongst the local King’s Cross scenery of whores and smack, I was finding my own seedy gratification. Hedonism gone mad.

I was in London, since you ask, for the quite excellent Camden Crawl. With so many bands to choose from, I was forced to eliminate first those whose names made a little bit of sick appear in my mouth. These I list for you:

Thecocknbullkid [you are cocksntwats]

Does It Offend You, Yeah? [everything that’s wrong with everything]

Lets Wrestle [if that apostrophe error wasn’t bad enough, then I give you their song ‘I wont lie to you’]

Operator Please [‘Operator, Please’ surely?]

Innerpartysystem [just fuck off]


However, I was drawn inexorably towards:


Wrong and brilliant, on every level.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:
Blogger Tom said...

Great, great band name. And I'm happy to believe that the typeface was chosen ironically.

25 April 2008 at 16:20  
Blogger Dan said...

Funnily enough, they sounded like their name, if that makes any sense.

25 April 2008 at 17:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught them last year at the Hay on Wye literary festival and they got Iain Banks on stage to drink his own vomit. Amazing band.

Pop fact. They used to be called The Gay Lords.

29 April 2008 at 15:09  
Blogger Gez said...

"they got Iain Banks on stage to drink his own vomit. Amazing band"

Extraordinary.

29 April 2008 at 15:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged