GrammarBlog

Thursday, 25 September 2008

I do exclaim!

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

The overuse and misuse of exclamation marks has been previously discussed with enthusiasm and significant literary skill by Dan. 

When I saw this slice of crazy in our flickr group I just had to share it.


exclamation, originally uploaded by laika_one.

P.S. I know it's incorrect to use 'crazy' as a noun. I just like the phrase "slice of crazy", OK?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger JD said...

I think it was Terry Pratchett that wrote: "Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

I agree!!!!!!.

26 September 2008 at 16:53  
Blogger Matthew said...

This looks like a sign I'd expect to see in China. They love the exclamation mark.

28 September 2008 at 08:28  
Blogger Chris Frumplington said...

'Slice of crazy' sounds great, doesn't it? And don't worry: the use of 'crazy' as a noun is fine. It's simply an example of 'anthimeria', which means 'substituting one part of speech for another'.

28 September 2008 at 11:16  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged