GrammarBlog

Monday 12 May 2008

Customer Support

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />
Today Tesco Customer Support provided me with this juicy number:
"I'm sorry that the item you received an email referring to a refund for your recent order."
I don't care who you are, that's some astonishing gibberish. In case you're wondering what the man was trying to establish, it was, in fact, that we had been mistakenly refunded for some items that we hadn't actually bought. Well done them.
4 Comments:
Blogger Mantolwen said...

Tesco just don't do grammar.

13 May 2008 at 10:47  
Blogger Hoyden said...

Wow. It's like they just strung together a bunch of random words. I can do that! Bite lavolier monkey potato run for dairy governor!

13 May 2008 at 20:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the readers of this blog will find this article interesting:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-typo-guys-0521may21,0,701362.story?page=1

22 May 2008 at 17:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading that article, I think those guys are my new heroes- what legends! I would definitely travel around correcting grammatical errors if I could. What's the point of having a language if we can't even use it correctly? It's up to those of us who have that grammatical ability to help those who don't- particuarly shop owners.

7 June 2008 at 15:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged