GrammarBlog

Thursday 20 December 2007

Grammar Abuse in signage: part 15

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

You've probably seen this as everyone in the world reads The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks. If you don't, you should.

I love to hate everything about this sign: the terrible typefaces; the indented first line; the incorrect tense; the misspelt three letter word; the weird hanging quotation mark; and finally the ambiguity. Am I to built my onw taco, or my onw taco bar?

 

It's up there with the worst sign ever.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:
Blogger Tom said...

Come on, Gez. It easily beats your so-called "Worst sine Ever.

I can smell a competition. With prizes perhaps?

20 December 2007 at 23:37  
Blogger Gez said...

Erm, I've just looked at it again and I'm not sure it's a sign. Is it a menu? I can't tell the true size without a reference. It's like looking at a Picasso.

21 December 2007 at 01:04  
Blogger Paddy said...

Going by the perspective of the black backing to the white paper, it almost looks like an A1 flip-chart. That's a chart of A1-sized paper, by the way, rather than a flipchart dedicated to the boyband A1. I bet even the members of A1 know when to use the past tense of the verb 'to build'.

21 December 2007 at 15:43  
Blogger not incoherent said...

Um, what's a super taco, anyway?

22 December 2007 at 18:42  
Blogger Jeff Cutler said...

OK. I took this photo. I onw it!

And when I was builting my blog" it was truly super.

http://www.bowlofcheese.com

or see the first shot of it on

http://www.bowlofcheese.tumblr.com

Really.

OH. BTW, the sign is just larger than an 8.5 x 11 and is mounted on grey/black see-through plastic. It's the specials board at my work. Not telling you where.

Jeff

23 December 2007 at 02:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged