GrammarBlog

Thursday 18 October 2007

Meme, myself and I

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

In my professional life I work for a digital marketing agency, and as a result I spend a lot of time on the internet.


Therefore I'm usually pretty up to date with the latest memes but this one completely passed me by until a GrammarBlog reader called Alex brought it to my attention.


Apparently the 'Get a Brain! Morans' thing is quite old now but it caused quite a stir, especially as there are some accusing those dreaded "liberals" of forging the picture to make pro-war Americans appear stupid. [Insert joke here.]

While we're on the topics of spelling and memes, I might as well share some of my favourite lolcats with you.








Read more about lolcat grammar here.

I know it's all just a bit of fun but I often think that internet meme contributors should take more care with their spelling, punctuation and grammar. Take this for example:


This example of the ever-recurring your/you're error is the perfect excuse to get the Hoff onto GrammarBlog. There are many reasons why I like him, none of which is rational or reasonable.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't really find much confirmation of this right now, but the "morans" thing was apparently a misspelling of [Jim] Moran, as opposed to a misspelling of moron. Which takes the fun out of it, I suppose.
Urban Dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Moran&defid=1303800
also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Moran

As for the Hoff, do you really need an excuse to put the Hoff up on grammarblog? I mean, really.

20 October 2007 at 00:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Τhese modeгn day fitness devicеs aгe worn
about the ωaiѕt, pοѕitioned aρproρrіate around the abs аnd then
making usе of what is identіfied
аs electronic muѕcle ѕtіmulation.


my blog ... flex belt
My web site :: http://Www.Prnewswire.com/news-releases/flex-belt-review-and-latest-coupon-code-savings-now-featured-at-awesomealldaycom-190317331.html

19 February 2013 at 23:43  
Blogger Unknown said...

2015-7-11 xiaozhengm
cheap soccer shoes
hollister clothing
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
burberry outlet online
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet
oakley sunglass
snabacks wholesale
michael kors handbag
jordan pas cher
louis vuitton
rolex watches
toms outlet
pandora jewelry
ray ban outlet
ed hardy clothing
louis vuitton
michael kors
air force 1
cheap jerseys
louis vuitton pas cher
gucci uk
soccer jerseys wholesale
air max 95
chanel handbags
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet store online
michael kors handbags
sac longchamp
soccer jerseys
mont blanc pen
nike tn
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses outlet
chaussure louboutin
cheap ray ban sunglasses
fitflops outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
cheap jordans

11 July 2015 at 03:32  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll just bookmark this web site
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/

3 February 2017 at 11:25  
Anonymous Solusi Sehat Alami said...


The article is very interesting. And I also want to share articles about health, I'm sure this will be useful. Read and share it. Thank you very much :)

Khasiat dan manfaat QnC Jelly Gamat
Obat Benjolan Di Ketiak
Jamu Tradisional Penyubur Kandungan/Herbal Khusus Wanita
Manfaat Walatra Habbaza Softgel

6 December 2018 at 09:02  
Anonymous Cara Mengobati Ruam Kulit pada Bayi said...


The article is very interesting. And I also want to share articles about health, I'm sure this will be useful. Read and share it. Thank you very much :)

Obat Sakit perut melilit paling Ampuh
Cara Mudah Menghilangkan Keloid

10 December 2018 at 04:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged