GrammarBlog

Saturday 6 October 2007

The amazing, colossal adventures of Word Girl

img src="http://www.grammarblog.co.uk/z_images/banners/v2launch.gif" border="0" title="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" alt="We've moved to www.grammarblog.co.uk" />

This is a great idea. Word Girl teaches kids a new word in each exciting instalment. It's actually quite funny.

I was a bit miffed when the girl on the desk said:

You used tonnage wrong.
I think she should have said 'incorrectly'.

Anyway, hopefully this will nurture a new generation of grammar nazis.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:
Blogger Dan said...

Fantastic. That's exactly what television networks should be doing.

I want a Wordgirl pencil case.

8 October 2007 at 10:27  
Blogger Dan said...

Sorry, Word Girl. I'm glad they didn't make her into one word.

8 October 2007 at 10:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My four-year-old son loves this show, but there have been a few mistakes on it that annoy me, too. For example, according to Captain Huggy Face, the word "pensive," means "to think a lot about something." I'll overlook the dumbed-down definition (it's a show for young children, after all), but couldn't the writers at least get the part of speech right?

10 October 2007 at 22:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched this show for the first time two days ago, and right away noticed a grammar mistake. I can't remember the exact sentence, but it was during the Investigative Report announcement on television about Word Girl.

4 December 2007 at 21:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

GrammarBlog Shorts


It's not just you

Pictures

www.flickr.com
photos in Grammar Bloopers More photos in Grammar Bloopers

Powered by FeedBurner

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Add to Technorati Favorites

Join My Community at MyBloglog!

British Blog Directory.

blogarama - the blog directory

Blog Directory - Blogged